CHUNKY ROCK GARDENS, ROOTS AND TECHNICAL CLIMBS. THIS HARD-CHARGING TRAIL BIKE ADAPTS TO THE TERRAIN, GIVING YOU CONFIDENCE AND CONTROL ON ALL TYPES OF SINGLETRACK.
KEY PERFORMANCE FACTORS
29er confidence and control
29-inch wheels optimized to roll over technical terrain with balance and stability, giving you more momentum on tricky climbs and confidence to fly on fast singletrack descents. Added clearance for up to 2.5-inch tires.
Maestro rear suspension features a trunnion mount shock with a longer stroke and smoother feel. With 135mm of full rear-wheel travel (and 150mm up front), it features an Advanced Forged Composite upper rocker arm for increased stiffness and strength plus lower overall frame weight.
A flip chip lets you change the head tube and seat tube angles, along with the bottom bracket height, to fine-tune the handling. You can choose the low position for fast, open terrain, or the high position for slower, tighter singletrack.
TECHS & FEATURES:
ADVANCED FORGED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
- A state-of-the-art high-pressure molding process is used to produce complex-shaped carbon fiber components that are lighter, stiffer, and stronger than similar components made from aluminum. This technology is used in critical performance parts such as Maestro Suspension rocker links.
ALUXX SL ALUMINUM TECHNOLOGY
- This High-Performance level, state-of-the-art aluminum material is made predominantly from 6011 alloy and delivers best-in-class strength-to-weight ratios. These framesets also feature unique welding technologies for a high-performance ride quality.
MAESTRO SUSPENSION TECHNOLOGY
- Four strategically positioned pivot points and two linkages all work together to create a single floating pivot for the most active, efficient, and independent suspension system on the trail.
- Giant's original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/4" lower and 1 1/8" upper for road, 1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
- Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
FLIP CHIP - MAESTRO
- The flip chip allows riders to quickly adjust the geometry of their Maestro-equipped mountain bike to better suit how and where they ride. It lets riders change the headtube/seat tube angles and bottom bracket height via eccentric (offset, two-position) hardware located on the upper rocker arm.
|LOW | HIGH||LOW | HIGH||LOW | HIGH||LOW | HIGH|
|A||SEAT TUBE LENGTH (mm)||430||430||465||496|
|B||SEAT TUBE ANGLE||77.2° | 77.9°||77.2° | 77.9°||77.2° | 77.9°||77.2° | 77.9°|
|C||TOP TUBE LENGTH (mm)||566 | 564||597 | 595||629 | 627||656 | 654|
|D||HEAD TUBE LENGTH (mm)||95||100||110||120|
|E||HEAD TUBE ANGLE||65.5° | 66.2°||65.5° | 66.2°||65.5° | 66.2°||65.5° | 66.2°|
|F||FORK RAKE (mm)||44||44||44||44|
|G||TRAIL (mm)||125.1 | 119.5||125.1 | 119.5||125.1 | 119.7||125.1 | 119.5|
|H||WHEELBASE (mm)||1173 | 1172||1205 | 1204||1239 | 1238||1268 | 1266|
|I||CHAIN STAY LENGTH (mm)||438 | 435||438 | 435||438 | 435||438 | 435|
|J||BOTTOM BRACKET DROP (mm)||40 | 30||40 | 30||40 | 30||40 | 30|
|K||STACK (mm)||617 | 611||621 | 615||631 | 624||640 | 634|
|L||REACH (mm)||426 | 434||456 | 464||486 | 494||511 | 519|
|M||STAND OVER HEIGHT (mm)||735 | 743||729 | 738||754 | 763||777 | 786|
|N||HANDLEBAR WIDTH (mm)||780||780||780||780|
|O||STEM LENGTH (mm)||40||40||50||50|
|P||CRANK LENGTH (mm)||165||170||170||170|
|Small||5'4" - 5'8"|
|Medium||5'7" - 5’11"|
|Large||5'10" - 6'2"|
|X-Large||6'2" - 6'5"|
|Frame||ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum front and rear triangles, 135mm Maestro suspension, flip chip - Maestro, 12x148mm thru-axle|
|Fork||Fox 36 Float Performance, GRIP damper, 44mm offset, 150mm, 15x110 Kabolt, custom tuned for Giant|
|Rear Shock||Fox Float DPS Performance, 185/55, custom tuned for Giant|
|Rims||Giant AM 29, alloy|
|Hubs||alloy, sealed bearing|
|Tires||[F] Maxxis Minion DHF 29x2.5 WT, EXO, TR [R] Maxxis Dissector 29x2.4, EXO, TR, tubeless|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano, press fit|
|Crankset||Shimano M511, 30t, 55mm chainline S:165mm, M:170mm, L:170mm, XL:170mm|
|Shifters||Shimano SLX SL-M7100, 1x12|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano SLX RD-M7100|
|Cassette/Freewheel||Shimano SLX, 10x51|
|Brakes||Shimano Deore BR-MT520, hydraulic, Shimano RT-66 rotors [F]203mm, [R]180mm|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Deore BL-MT501|
|Handlebars||Giant Contact SL TR35, 780x35mm, 20mm rise|
|Tape/Grips||Giant Tactal Pro Single S:120mm, M:120mm, L:130mm, XL:130mm|
|Stem||Giant Contact SL 35 S:40mm, M:40mm, L:50mm, XL:50mm|
|Seatpost||Giant Contact Switch dropper, remote S: 125mm travel / 30.9 x 395mm M: 150mm travel / 30.9 x 440mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Echeveria / Small||04712878818521||2301049204||210000015860|
|Echeveria / Medium||04712878818538||2301049205||210000015861|
|Echeveria / Large||04712878818545||2301049207||210000015862|
|Echeveria / X-Large||04712878818552||2301049208||210000015863|